Hot dogs are always a favourite and make the perfect lunchtime snack or are the ideal treat for a Saturday evening family film night. Created by Judit Jona, Senior Grill Chef at Tom Kerridge’s Butcher’s Tap and Grill in Marlow
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 x jumbo breakfast pork sausages
- 500g sliced Spanish onion (1 large onion)
- 1 tbsp Bisto gravy granules
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 glazed hot dog buns
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 4 tbsp American mustard
- 4 tbsp crispy onions (from any good supermarket)
- Firstly, add a splash of oil to a heavy based frying pan and carefully add the onions on a medium heat. Fry the onions for 20 minutes or so until they are golden brown, then stir in the gravy granules and malt vinegar.
- Add the fresh thyme and simmer gently for five minutes. Keep to one side.
- For the sausages, simply fry in a hot pan with a little oil until you have colour all over, then pop into the oven for 10 minutes on a 180C fan oven.
- Once the sausages are cooked, cut open the buns and place the sausage on top, spoon the onions over generously and then squirt over the ketchup and mustard.
- Finally sprinkle over the crispy onions, serve and enjoy!
Judit Jona is the Senior Grill Chef at Tom Kerridge’s Butcher’s Tap and Grill in Marlow, a traditional butcher’s shop and grill, all under one roof. Hungarian-born Judit has been in hospitality for 14 years and previously worked for five years at Tom Kerridge’s Michelin-starred pub, The Coach, also in Marlow, where she was promoted to Senior Chef de Partie.
The Butcher’s Tap and Grill serves a tasty selection of burgers and hot dogs alongside a range of sides and desserts to eat in or take away. The menu includes the Classic Burger, the Triple Cheeseburger and the BBQ Brisket Burger. Or, if you’d rather enjoy a hearty hot dog, choose between the Old Fashioned Dog or the Chilli Cheese Dog. There is even a secret al fresco garden at the back to catch the last few rays of sunshine with a refreshing beer, ale or crisp glass of wine.
The butcher’s counter offers a selection of prime cuts from Sunday roast joints to sausages and steaks, so you can whip up something just as delicious at home.
01628 401 535