- Once your offer is accepted, tell your mortgage lender.
- They will complete a valuation to ensure the property is worth the money that they are lending.
- Instruct a surveyor to carry out a survey.
- This will highlight any problems with the property, and you can find out how much these will cost you to rectify.
- Use the information to renegotiate the sale price.
- Or tell the seller certain repairs need to be carried out before contracts are exchanged.
First Time Buyer's Guide
Buying your first property can be a daunting experience, but our First Time Buyer's Guide is here to provide you with a comprehensive resource.
Buyers’ Guide – Survey
Make sure you have a survey – it could save you money in the long run by spotting any problems.