This very simple, quick to make but delicious chicken ramen was created by TV presenter Gok Wan in association with itsu. Perfect for lunch or a light supper, it’s bound to be a hit with all the family
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 itsu chicken ramen brilliant’broth
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 2 portions of fresh or dry ramen noodles
- 4 tenderstem broccoli
- 1 chilli
- Grill or pan fry the chicken breast with salt, pepper and olive oil (about 10 minutes on each side).
- Boil your egg (about 6 minutes from room temperature for a medium yolk), and then submerge in cold water before peeling.
- While the chicken and eggs are on the go, cook the noodles as per pack instructions.
- Pour the chicken ramen brilliant’broth into a saucepan and heat to a simmer.
- Cut the tenderstem broccoli length ways and steam for 3 minutes.
- When the noodles are cooked, separate them into two bowls and pour over the simmering brilliant’broth.
- Top with the sliced chicken breast, tenderstem broccoli and a boiled egg, halved.
- Finish with some finely chopped chilli.
Fashion expert, award-winning TV presenter and author Gok Wan has taken the fashion and TV world by storm and has become one of the UK’s most sought-after entertainers. He made his mark in How to Look Good Naked by giving women the confidence to appreciate their bodies, encouraging them, whatever their shape and size, to strip for the nation! Gok has appeared in several cookery shows including Gok’s Chinese Take Away, Gok’s Lunchbox and Gok Cooks Chinese. He has also written several cookery books.