Run into Christmas as fast as you can with this wonderful winter gingerbread man brownie recipe from Lakeland. This winter warmer recipe of gooey brownies is seasonally spiced and oh-so-nice! The gingerbread traybake is easy to follow with the added Christmas sparkle created using the Decora gingerbread man cutter
For the brownie
- 200g butter, cut into pieces
- 300g dark chocolate (preferably 70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 120g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 large eggs
- 200g soft dark brown sugar
- 40g stem ginger in syrup, chopped
- 70g icing sugar
- 5 tsp ginger syrup
- Thinly sliced or diced stem ginger in syrup
For the gingerbread men
- Ready to roll icing (brown or your colour of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line the base of your brownie tray tin with baking parchment.
- To make the brownies, put the butter and chocolate into a non-stick saucepan and heat very gently, stirring often. Remove from the heat before fully melted, so that the mixture doesn’t become too hot. Set aside to cool slightly, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour, salt, baking powder and ground ginger together. Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer for two minutes on the high setting. Stir in the melted mixture, then gently fold in the flour mixture and chopped ginger. Transfer to the tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool in the tin on a wire rack.
- For the topping, mix together the icing sugar and ginger syrup. Drizzle over the brownies and decorate with pieces of ginger. Cut into 20 squares.
- For the gingerbread men, roll out the ready-to-roll icing, stamp out as many gingerbread men as you like using the Lakeland gingerbread man cutter, then carefully transfer to the brownie. Enjoy!
Tip: You could use lemon juice to make the icing. If you’re using stem ginger in syrup, just use the syrup from the jar.
Decora Gingerbread Man & House Cutter Set
Finish your brownie with the help of this Decora gingerbread man & house cutter set. Perfect for creating sweet treats for gifting or sharing with family and friends. Easy to wash, this delightful duo of cutters makes it so easy to rustle up a few quick gingerbread men and a village of houses to accommodate them.