Mark Rush, Head of Food Innovation at Revolution Bars Group, creates a flavoursome, healthy and colourful, warm super-grain salad, with pulled chicken. The perfect choice for a lunch or supper with friends and family
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 small chicken breasts,
1 red pepper
1 red onion
1 green pepper
10ml vegetable oil
200g cooked beetroot,
cut into wedges
10g rose harissa
1 x 250g packet of mixed cooked quinoa, lentils and wheat berries
100g Greek feta
Pinch of coriander seeds
Pinch of cumin seeds
Pinch of mustard seeds
10g fresh mint
10g fresh parsley
Drizzle of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
This dish is all about texture, colour and flavour, so be sure to put everything into the mix and it will taste sensational.
- Prepare and dice the peppers and onion to bite-sized pieces. Drizzle with a little vegetable oil and season, then roast them in a hot oven at 220c with beetroot wedges for around 10 minutes, or until they are a little charred.
- Season and grill the chicken breasts. Next you need to pull the chicken, so use two spoons to pull the breasts into thin strips and toss then back together.
- Prepare and dice the mango and blitz it to a puree with the juice from the lime.
- Crumble the Greek feta, chop the herbs and de-seed the pomegranate.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, apart from the pomegranate seeds and the cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, as we need them to garnish the dish at the end. (At this stage the mix can be kept in the fridge until you want it).
- Heat the mix in the microwave to warm through. At this stage, the feta will go all jammy and melt into the mix, bringing it all together when you stir it at the end.
- Spoon the warm mix on to the plates and garnish with pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil.