Scandi-inspired food has become really popular recently. Jens Folkel, head development chef for KuPP, shares his delicious recipe for salmon coulibiac with KuPP potato salad and coffee, mustard and dill dressing
This recipe from Jens Folkel will delight!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
2 puff-pastry sheets (rolls)
800g centre-cut, good quality salmon, pin-boned and skinless
200g cream cheese
2g ground black pepper, plus 1g for seasoning the fish
3g Maldon sea salt, plus 3g for seasoning the fish
KuPP creamy potato salad
400g washed new potatoes
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp Maldon sea salt
1 tsp chopped capers
A pinch of ground
40g sour cream
½ small red onion
10g fresh dill
10g fresh chives
½ medium size lemon
Mustard & dill dressing
25g fresh dill
35g clear honey
½ medium size lemon
2g Maldon sea salt
1 shot of double espresso
35g coarse-grain mustard
Pinch of ground white pepper
55ml good quality
Method for the Coulibiac
- Blend the cream cheese, dill, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper in a food blender, so it’s a nice green colour.
- Lay one sheet of puff pastry down on greaseproof paper, cut the salmon in half, season with salt and pepper and put one side of skinned salmon on top of the pastry with belly side down.
- Spread the cheese mix on to the salmon. Lay the other side of the salmon on top so its belly side is up. Egg wash the pastry and cover with the other sheet of pastry making it snug by crimping it, score the top and make 3 small holes to let the steam out. Egg wash the pastry, put greaseproof paper on a tray and refrigerate for 1 hour before cooking.
- Heat a flat tray in the oven and slide coulibiac on to it, cook at 220c for 21-25 minutes, fan level 4.
- After cooking, let the coulibiac stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Method for the potato salad
- Cook the potato in salted water.
- Cool and cut in half.
- Finely dice the red onion.
- Finely chop the chives and dill.
- Squeeze the lemon; add sour cream, mustard and seasoning.
- Mix all together.
Method for the mustard & dill dressing
- Wash and chop the dill
- Combine all other ingredients and mix well
- Add the chopped dill
This recipe will go down a storm in your first home. Nothing beats entertaining friends with home cooked food! Enjoy x